Forum

Crash running Stars!  

RSS

raptor
(@raptor)
01/10/2018 3:45 am  

Hi again,

I successfully built the new cpp variant of boxedwine and ran pinball with it.  But when I tried to run stars! I got the following error/crash:

C:\Users\user\Desktop\Boxedwine-Win32-18R1>Boxedwine -root filesystem -zip fullWine1.7.55-v5.zip -m 64 -w /home/username/stars /bin/wine /home/username/stars/stars.exe
Starting ...
Using root directory: filesystem
Launching /bin/wine
wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe"
err:wineboot:ProcessRunKeys Error running cmd L"C:\\windows\\system32\\winemenubuilder.exe -a -r" (2)
wine: Unhandled page fault on read access to 0xd093fffd at address 0xd000acc1 (thread 0021), starting debugger...
Can't attach process 0020: error 5
wine client error:21: partial wakeup read 0

And it failed to run.  The full version I am running is found here:  https://wiki.starsautohost.org/wiki/Get_Stars!

Thanks.

Edit:  I used the Boxedwine-Win32-18R1 download from sourceforge, but replaced the EXE with my compiled one

This topic was modified 2 months ago by raptor

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
James Bryant
(@admin)
Member Admin
01/10/2018 3:59 am  

Currently the cpp code has the new dynamic compiler enabled.  To disable the recompiler you can remove these two preprocessors defines from the project setting in msvc.  Otherwise I would hope to have Stars, and many others 16-bit apps, working with the recompiler in the next week or so.

BOXEDWINE_DYNAMIC32

BOXEDWINE_DYNAMIC

ReplyQuote
James Bryant
(@admin)
Member Admin
01/10/2018 4:58 am  

Looks like I found the bug, let me know if everything is working for you now, svn 771.

This post was modified 2 months ago by James Bryant

ReplyQuote
raptor
(@raptor)
01/10/2018 3:42 pm  

Yes.  It works now with rev 770.  Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register