Boxedwine is an emulator that runs Windows applications. It achieves this by running an unmodified 32-bit version of Wine, and emulating the Linux kernel and CPU. It is written in C with SDL and is supported on multiple platforms.
Boxedwine is open source and released under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2 (GPL).
- Runs 16-bit Windows applications
- Runs 32-bit Windows applications
- Runs in a browser with Emscripten (wasm and asm.js)
- Runs on Windows, Mac and Linux
- Currently supports running Wine 1.7